LAST UPDATED: August 11th, 2017
Our sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen, (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information through on our sites.
California Privacy Rights Notice: California residents may request certain information once per year about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information during the preceding calendar year to third parties for such third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. Please send your request by email to: or by postal mail to JC Music Connection, RE: Privacy Rights, P.O. Box 331 Mukilteo, WA 98275. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified in this section.
PERSONAL INFORMATION - (Personal Information We May Collect):
There are two types of information collected in connection with our site(s): "Personal Information" and "Other Information". “Personal Information” is defined as information that identifies you as an individual. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity. Other Information is addressed separately below, under the heading “OTHER INFORMATION”.
We and our third-party service providers may collect the following Personal Information from you:
Your name, postal address, (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address and credit and debit card number.
We and our third-party service providers collect personal information through the site(s), for example, when you participate in various opportunities provided through the site(s), such as:
* When you purchase a product or make a request.
* When you register for newsletters or other communications through the Site(s).
* When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion through the Site(s).
* When you participate in a blog or forum.
How We May Use Personal Information:
We and our third-party service providers may use Personal Information:
* To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send newsletters to you or to provide you with information about our products and services.
* To send to you administrative information, including information regarding the Site(s) and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
* To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
* To send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, (including, without limitation, by our third-party service providers that send direct mail, email, and other types of advertising, such as display advertising or sponsored advertising on our Site(s) or other Site(s), to those whose email addresses we have collected).
* To allow you to send messages, (for example, music clips or artist information), to a friend through the Site(s). By using such functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
* For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site(s), improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
* As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or artists; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, our artists, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
* We may combine Personal Information that you submit on or through the Site(s) with information that we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, including from our own websites and web Site(s), (including apps, widgets and players) and third-party sources, which may include social media services you interact with through our Site(s). We treat such combined information as Personal Information as long as it is so combined.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed:
* To our third-party service providers, (and in some cases, our affiliates), who provide services such as hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide such services.
* To our affiliates, to permit them to send marketing communications to you. JC Music Connection is the party responsible for the management of jointly-used Personal Information.
* To our artists, (including any of the artists’ band members, if applicable), and their representatives, so that the artists and their representatives may use this information to send to you communications, (including marketing communications), that they believe may be of interest to you, including, for example, if you (a) sign up to join the applicable artist’s mailing list and/or to receive such artist’s newsletters, (b) register with the applicable artist’s website, or (c) have otherwise indicated that you would like to receive information and/or marketing communications from the applicable artist. We do not control, and are not responsible for, artists’ and their representatives’ use of Personal Information.
* To third parties that sponsor contests, sweepstakes and similar promotions.
* To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages on or through the Site(s).
* By you, on or through message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information and materials that you post or disclose on or through a Site will become public information, and may be available to visitors to such Site and to the general public, and may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels where they will reach an even broader audience. Additionally, please note that, per our Terms and Conditions, we retain certain rights in the information and materials that you post on or through the Site(s), and we may use and disclose such information and materials, (including any Personal Information included therein), in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any Other Information, on or through the Site(s). WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH ANY SITE.
* To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
* To a relevant artist who is no longer affiliated with us, if you indicated an interest in such artist, (for example, by registering with the artist’s website).
* As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or artists; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or Site, or that of our affiliates, our artists, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information, (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership), on or through the Site(s) or otherwise to us.
OTHER INFORMATION (Other Information We May Collect):
We and/or our third-party service providers may collect Other Information, (defined above), such as:
* Browser and device information
* Mobile App usage data
* Server log files
* Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
* Geographic location information
* Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you
* Information about how you use the Site(s)
* Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information:
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
* Through your browser or your device. Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control, (MAC), address, device type, (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and version of a Site that you are using. We and our service providers may also collect a unique device identifier assigned by us or our service providers to the device from which you are accessing a Site and other transactional information for the device that we and our service providers may use to serve content to the device.
* Through your use of Mobile Apps: When you download and use a Mobile App, we and our service providers may track and collect Mobile App usage data, such as the date and time the Mobile App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Mobile App based on your device number.
* Through server log files: An Internet Protocol, (IP), address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device from which you are accessing a Site by your Internet Service Provider, (ISP), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Site. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Site(s) and determining your approximate geographic location.
* Geographic location information: If you use any location-enabled products or services, you may be sending us location information. When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your precise geographical location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We and our third party service providers and partners may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, content and advertisements. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
* From you: We may collect demographic information, such as your zip code or gender, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily provide this information to us. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site(s).
* Information about how you interact on the Site(s): We may collect information about how you interact on the Site(s). For example, some Site(s) may utilize analytic tools to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the Site(s). This collected information may let us know which services and features you are using the most within a Site, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download, etc.
* By aggregating information: We may aggregate Personal Information so that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site(s), for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who like a particular artist.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information:
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information, (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
CHOICES AND ACCESS:
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
* Receiving marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates: If you do not want to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out from receiving such emails either by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the email or by emailing us at: with the subject line reading: RE: Email Opt-Out
* Our sharing of your Personal Information with artists or unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes: If you prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with artists or unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out from such sharing by emailing us at: with the subject line reading: RE: Email Opt-Out. In each case, please make clear in your email what you are opting-out from. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that, if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our artists or unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request. Please also note that, if you do opt-out from receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you; you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change, or remove your Personal Information and Posted Content:
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us or content you have previously posted on a Site, you may contact us by emailing us at: with the subject line: Personal Information Change. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information or posted content you would like to have changed or removed and what limitations, (if any), you would like to place on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that such request does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of Personal Information or content posted on a Site. For example, we may need to retain certain information or content for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information or content that will remain within our databases and other records that will not be removed. We are also not responsible for changing, removing or suppressing information or content from the databases of artists or unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information or content.
JC Music Connection
P.O. Box 331
Mukilteo, WA 98275
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
For more information regarding your use of this Site, our use of information collected and other important factors concerning your privacy, please see our Terms Of Service agreement located elsewhere on this Site.